Saturday, August 29, 2009

searching, pain, God

Today was one of those days that comes twice a year for me......

Having to help butcher over 600 chickens in Alta Vista. Not exactly a job I love but.....Hey, someones got to do it.

So, I was set to work cleaning the hearts, livers and gizzard. Those of you who do not know, the gizzard is a heart shaped organ where the chickens food passes through. It has a strong lining inside so we need to cut it open and pul that lining out and clean it. Sometimes that lining can be down right stubborn about coming out, and that set me to thinking.....

Since this is heart shaped, my thoughts went like this;

When we ask God to clean our heart, He too will want to 'rip' out the old lining and wash it clean. But how often do I kick and scream saying, "Ow, Lord that hurts too much, just do this part. Let the rest go it isn't THAT bad."

So I began to wonder, will I allow God to 'rip' it all out? Will I allow Him to get rid of it all, no matter how painful? Will I give Him everything? Only then can He truly clean my whole heart.

I don't know about you, but I know I have some more heart searching to do. Maybe that is a life long process, I don't know.

But, I for one will never look at a chicken the same again! ;) Maybe they aren't as dumb as we think. LOL....

1 comment:

Dixie Phillips said...

Oh Luci with an i,
I love your insight.... JESUS is at work in your soul and it is beautiful to see how HE is revealing His truths to you...

Love you much,
Dixie