Saturday, September 5, 2009

A poem from my heart

God there are so many questions I long to ask
There are so many answers I desperately seek
Like why was I created? What purpose do I serve?
How do I become more like you, lowly and meek?

Why do I carry such a heavy cross?
When others seem to glide on by,
why do I walk this road all alone?
And others are too busy to help me cry?

What is the purpose of being abused,
Left alone at the side of the road?
what is it you are trying to tell me,
Asking me to bear this heavy load?

Why does it feel like you left me?
Or am I walking away from you?
How do I draw closer to lean on you?
By going to church and sitting in the pew?

I've cried and prayed and read your word
Yet still, here I sit crying alone,
Where are you God? Why am I so lonely?
Oh, where are you God? Please don't throw a stone.

I am so battered and bruised
So weary and worn
Have been feeling this way
Since the day I was born.

Sure there have been days
Where I felt cherished and loved
Not by earthly beings
But by God above.

So God if you love me so much
Why do you do you allow the very one I love
To tear me to bits and crush me to powder
When will you take me to heaven above?

All these people here below
they laugh and tell me not to worry
They pretend to be your friend for awhile
But soon they turn and leave you in a hurry.

I am trying to trust you Lord, in what'er betide
You promised never to leave me
To come to me when ever I call
So I am begging you down on my knees,

Come, oh please, come to me
Carry me far away
Help me dear God
To get through this day.

And the next, and the next, and the next........

One day at a time, please Jesus.
That's all I am asking of you........

3 comments:

Dawn Renee Martin said...

Wow, you are a good poetess! It's an awesome way to get out your feelings! Trust me, you are NOT alone in those feelings either, you'd be shocked at how many others face the same thing! Keep hanging in there and anytime you want to talk, you have my new number:) I'm so glad you have Jesus because without Him, life is indeed NOT worth living!

Child of the King said...

Dawn, I am no where near as good at writing poems as you! You have always been so talented..

Dixie Phillips said...

Dearest Luci with an i,
Did you journal when you were younger?
You have a keen way of expressing yourself.... Have you ever joined Faithwriters? If you go to www.faithwriters.com you can post your article for critiques and it's such a wonderful place for those of us who want to hone our writing skills.

Luci, you are loved...
Can't wait for you to take a peek at Tristan.... He's so precious....

Hugz,
Dixie